Friday, August 8, 2008


Strawberry cake and coffee, anyone?


Close up

Hello! Hey, for those of you who like cool number combinations like me, it's 08/08/08!! Just thought I'd share.

So remember a few months ago when I was talking about these really neat felt food kits that they sell at Yuzawaya, and how I wanted to try to make one but didn't really know how to justify spending hours of my life making fake food? Well, I bought one of the kits that a few of you encouraged me to get, and I finally put it together this week. I couldn't read the directions because they were all in Japanese, but the pictures were good and I used them to figure out how to sew it together. I had a blast making it, and my brain is going crazy with this whole new world of felt food. How can you not love Japanese crafts?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. I think you should redirect your talents into making a real strawberry cake that looks like that. Then you can feed us all when you come back state-side.

Happy cosmic 8/8/08 day, LN.
---Carol

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! You did the right thing. xo

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me.

es ME said...

OMG I love this! I am going to pull this up on the laptop when I get home and show Tallas. She is such a "tea party girl". I suddenly feel inspired. Tallas and I may have to try this ~ in the edible version though. Hee hee hee.

Love ya!
Happy Belated 08/08/08
Erica

(or as Zach would say: Ellen, Erica, Ellen, Erica, Ellen...)