Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Tori gate with snow; located near base entrance

Brrr!! It snowed today! Big white flakes that were really wet. The snow gave everything a nice white coat. I had to go to the base for a dentist appointment this morning, and luckily Zach gave me a ride because he had to work. Unfortunately I had to walk to the train station after I was done with my appointment, and darn I was cold. The combination of wind and blowing wet snow didn't make for a very fun walk. Right before I left the base, I snapped a photo of the tori gate at the base entrance so that I could prove that it really did snow!

On Monday this week, my Japanese friend Seiko invited me to her house for lunch. We met through another mutual friend. Seiko is really nice, and it was fun to visit with her. She made a traditional Japanese meal with soup and toasted rice cakes. Everything was yummy. She speaks very good English, and she teaches English to kids two days a week. She wants to work on her English skills, though, so I'm going to help her and she's going to help me with my Japanese. I think that's a great deal!

Tomorrow I have to go back to the dentist. Yuck! I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to military medicine and overseas clinics. I thought they were doing my cleaning today, but today was just a "meet the dentist" and x-ray visit. I have to go back tomorrow for the actual cleaning. I also get to go back next week to fill a cavity! Woohoo! I like the dentist though, so that is a good thing, right?

So, that's about it. Keep staying warm. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful shot!! Silly me, but it had not quite hit me yet that you guys might get some snow...talk about flakes...lol. I love the prior blog as well regarding the heating & air. Thank god for the translations sheet or you might be paying someone to come over for a mini tutorial huh?

Well, I just wanted to post a comment to let you know that I am still here reading EVERY SINGLE ONE of your blogs routinely and simply adore them.

Love,
Erica & Tallas