Tuesday, November 13, 2007


View of Mt. Fugi from Atsugi Naval Base


Another photo of Mt. Fugi

This morning I got a phone call from my weather-forecaster husband at work, telling me that if I wanted some nice pictures of Mt. Fugi, I should take the train and come to the base because it was going to be a beautiful and clear day. Since I've been here, I haven't seen Mt. Fugi because it's always been overcast on the days I've been at the naval base. We can't see it from our house. So, with camera in hand, I went to the base and wasn't disappointed. What an amazing sight! While I was taking the photos, a Japanese woman stopped and told me (in English) that she had taken pictures herself that morning because it's not often that you're able to see Mt. Fugi. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Very pretty.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's nice. I was wondering if you were missing the mountains in the Northwest. (I am.) Sometimes having a weather forecaster husband proves to be handy. ;-) ---Carol

es ME said...

What a beautiful view!! Amazing. I am glad to see that you are blogging again. I have been checking in and have started to miss the updates.

Say hello to your forecaster husband for me.

Erica

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of Mt Rainier. It is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry forgot to sign my post.
Keala

Anonymous said...

Dayum, that's purty.