Thursday, December 6, 2007


See how happy they are?! Tofu Man even has a Santa hat!


Origami paper crane that I made last year


Little Santa from Ikea. He is one of a dozen on our tree. Zach thinks they look like cat hairballs, and keeps asking me when we got a cat. Argh!


Angel Hello Kitty that we found at our local secondhand shop for 50 yen, or about 50 cents!


Howdy! How is everyone? 'Tis the season at the Schwarting house in Japan! We put up our Christmas tree and a few decorations around the house the other night. I thought you might enjoy seeing how happy Tofu Man and Reindeer Man are. A lot of our ornaments are in storage back in the States, but we found some fun ones here to decorate with. Last year I came to visit Zach for the holidays, and I made a bunch of origami paper cranes to put on the tree. Kind of weird, but I thought it was appropriate for where we are. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the cranes.

Ellen's friends at home: If you want to play along with Ellen, Archie McPhee has you covered. http://www.mcphee.com/items/M6222.html
Karen

Anonymous said...

Your ornaments are cute! I didn't know you could even get a Christmas tree easily in Japan. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, how much did you have to pay for your Christmas tree and what kind of tree is it?

I love your crane. I think you're really onto something with the beading that you did on it, and the other jewelry you've made recently with that style of beading with segmented silver in between. Very pretty.
--Carol